A line Manager may have many people who he or she is responsible for, but any individual should never have more than one line Manager.
If more than one line Manager exists at any point in time, problems do follow for both parties and also the company.
Possible tasks for a line Manager:-
- Introducing new ideas to personnel
- On going training
- Yearly individual assessment meetings
- Reports on progress of work & Personnel (best if they are positive)
- On going individual interviews with Personnel, when required
- Where practical a line Manager should call Personnel under his or her responsibility together for Team Meetings.